Friday 1 July 2011

Frontline Dogs Spot On Flea Treatment

My dog's got no fleas! Well I couldn't have said that a week ago…my dog was covered in them! It was only when I discovered a fairly new treatment on the market known as Frontline Spot On that I was able to tackle the problem. This treatment is not like your old fashioned flea powder. All it requires is a small spot of liquid to the back of the dog's neck and you're done!

Frontline Dogs is sold in packets containing three or six pipettes. The six pack comes out quite a lot cheaper per pipette than the three pack (as is the way of things) but the three pack is great if you just want to try Frontline out.  When trying new things out I‘m somewhat of a skeptic, so I went for the three pack. Three pipettes will give 6 months of continuous treatment – just about enough for a whole flea season of spring and summer. As far as I know, fleas tend to be uncommon in the colder months, so my dog should be fairly safe then without the need for treatment.

I have a small dog, so the treatment is quite cheap, but the price rises steeply for those with larger dogs as the pipettes increase in size. Whatever the size of your dog, the expense is still worth it, especially if the treatment is as effective as claimed.

Using Frontline is a snap. Much easier to use than any flea powder, all it takes is a small spot of the treatment on the back of the dog's neck to kill all fleas and keep him protected from further infestations for two months. I did have a bit of trouble putting the treatment on. What you should do is part a small amount of fur at the back of the neck and squeeze a full pipette directly to the skin. This was quite difficult as my dog started moving around frantically as the cold liquid went on. You're not meant to get any on the fur, but I have to admit, quite a bit did end up there.
All in all, I'm extremely happy with this product. Since using it three days ago, I haven't seen a single flea And I shouldn't expect to for the next two months. I'm very happy with that and for the price I think it is a really good deal.

Like every good dog owner, I then wormed the dog with some Drontal tablets. I don't know if this is absolutely necessary and I don't know the reasons for doing it, but it's what they tell you to do in the guide books after flea treating, so I did it.

My dog seems a lot happier now they're gone. He did look a little under the weather before treatment, but then, I didn't realise he had such a large infestation. If you own a dog, I urge you to check him for fleas now and again and not leave things build up like I did!
I wouldn't go back to using flea powder again. Frontline is so much more effective and is really convenient to use. Go and try some out!

No comments:

Post a Comment